Solar rock lights can make for a great addition to your backyard, adding style and functionality in a package that requires minimal maintenance and provides maximum green benefits. The solar rock light is a pretty simple concept and it should be pretty familiar to most everyone already, however, here are a few things to think about that may just encourage you to add a few to your own backyard today.
1. Super Solar: Of course, a solar rock light is going to be powered by the sun. This means you don’t have to use up any energy to power your lights, and you can make another positive change in your lifestyle to help the environment. Even with just one small solar unit, the light should be able to capture more than enough power to last through the night. Depending on the unit you purchase, some can even store extra energy so that after cloudy days you still can use the light. Alternatively, many solar rock lights have a backup battery supply for when they haven’t collected enough light.
2. No Hassle: One of the great benefits of solar rock lights is that they really are hassle free. You don’t need to worry about any kind of maintenance at all, and you won’t need to deal with outdoor outlets and plugs. Plus, the new LED bulbs that are used on most solar rock light models can last for anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000 hours, which means that you basically will never have to change them out. Just put the light down where you want it to be, and then you’re all set. They will even turn on and off automatically in most cases.
3. Fits your Yard: Solar rock lights come in all kinds of looks, shapes and sizes. You will definitely be able to find one that fits in perfectly with what you already have in your backyard, including the landscaping you have as well as the look and materials of the home itself. Plus, the great thing about the solar rock light is that they don’t stick out as ugly light fixtures. They blend in perfectly with the surroundings, offering a far more pristine and picturesque view as opposed to even standard garden lights.
4. Cost Savings: With a solar rock light, you’ll find that you’ll save yourself a great deal of money. Upfront cost for these units can be as low as $15 or $20, and from using their long lasting LED bulbs powered by solar energy, you’ll consistently save money on your bill. If you change out all of your existing yard bulbs with a few of these, from month to month and from year to year you’ll see a major cut from your energy bill.
5. Underwater: Today you will even find some solar rock lights that can be used safely underwater. This is perfect for small ponds, lakes or waterfalls that you have set up in the backyard. It’s an ideal way to light up or show off the water-based landscaping and design that you have, and it can really provide a great finishing touch to your eco friendly house and yard.